April 26, 2021, Updated COVID-19 Policies:
- Due to the unprecedented times and our commitment to keeping our staff and clients as safe as possible, appointment wait times have increased. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
- Upon arrival at our hospital, you may enter to check-in or call from your car to check-in. We offer limited lobby seating, seating on our porch, or you may wait in your vehicle. If our lobby is full, we will inform you upon arrival. If you prefer curbside services, please call us upon arrival and let us know.
- Masks are not required but are still encouraged in large groups.
- All previous walk-in appointments are now by appointment only. If your pet needs a nail trim, anal glands, non-exam vaccine, or any other appointment done by a nurse, we ask that you call us to schedule an appointment.
- 24-hour notice is still required for all drug refills. Please call us at least 2-3 days prior to running out of your medication for all refills. Once a request is placed, it can take 24 hours or longer to complete depending on the medication. Several medications are strictly controlled substances that can only be authorized and filled by certain staff members. Failure to call us in advance can delay your pet getting their medications appropriately.
- If your pet is in need of a wellness service, we ask that you call us at least 1-2 weeks in advance for their appointment.
- To reduce the number of calls per day, we offer scheduling via our website at sugarcreekanimalhospital.org. You can also email or text us via our Pet Portal app (accessible via our website). If your pet is critically ill, please call us in lieu of emailing or texting. Email and text should only be utilized if you're able to wait a minimum of a few hours for a response.
- If you or someone in your family has recently been ill or out of the country, we recommend postponing any appointment except in the event of an emergency. If you’ve recently been ill or out of the country and your pet is experiencing an emergency, we recommend a different party brings the pet to us. If that is not an option, the appointment will be completed curbside only.
- If you have a pending COVID-19 test or have recently tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you postpone any appointments until your test results are negative.